Friday, July 27, 2012

7/27/12- God's World

16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the mountain where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him; but some doubted. 18 Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.” (Mt. 28:16-20)






Thoughts: Watching the Olympics, I can't help but think of these verses.  For it tells us that Jesus is in charge of all the world.  I have a hard time knowing where each of these countries are.  But God not only knows where each country is, but knows each athlete, each person by name.  If a computer can know it, and that is just a human creation, why can we not grasp that God not only knows about each area, but as maker also shapes each area. God also cares that the whole world know about Jesus Christ.  Our task is to spread the good news to all the world.  Not just teaching for information- but also teaching to listen and heed what God says.  His promise is not only to be there to the ends of the earth- but also to the end of the age. The olympic rings symbolize unity among diverse peoples, but the best unity is found in the Creator who makes us all diverse.
   As I watch the Olympics tonight I think of my church friends flying even now to Peru as ambassadors for Christ. 



Prayer: Lord, give me a heart for the world because that is your heart. Give me grace to be a good ambassador for you wherever I go. 


(Jerusalem- unofficial hymn of United Kingdom)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKaJ4b0XYmI

No comments:

Post a Comment