Saturday, May 17, 2014

5/16/14- Pat Griffin

21“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ (Mt. 25:21)

Thoughts: One of my friends and colleagues in ministry died and his funeral was tonight- Rev. Dr. Pat Griffin.  He was an extraordinary pastor.  He loved to visit people.  Pat overcame tremendous problems to live his life well and in a productive way.  He encouraged people and there was not a more faithful person that I know of.  He was loyal and compassionate- and in that sense a great pastor.  I will miss my friend Pat.  Saints are not just those in pictures or those enshrined by the church.  Some people set good examples for us in different ways.  I am sure he is hearing the words of Christ in his ear: "Well done good and faithful servant." 


Prayer: Lord, thank you for saints in this life who overcome problems and mistakes to live their lives well.  Raise up other laborers for your kingdom, Lord.  






No comments:

Post a Comment