Sunday, October 28, 2012

10/28/12- Making God's Word Come Alive

I rejoice in your promise like one who finds great spoil. 163 I hate and detest falsehood
but I love your law. 164 Seven times a day I praise you for your righteous laws.
165 Great peace have those who love your law, and nothing can make them stumble.
166 I wait for your salvation, Lordand I follow your commands. 167 I obey your statutes,
for I love them greatly. (Psalm 119:162- 167) 



Thoughts: The Bible sits around and collects dust because it has never come alive to them.  Faith activates the word.  "The message they heard was of no value to them because they did not combine the message with faith."  In the passage above, the person cares about God's way above anyone else's way.  The Bible is His great treasure.  There have been rumors of Blackbeard the Pirate's treasure all up and down the coast of North and South Carolina.  For Blackbeard's treasure was never recovered. Many have spent years of their life looking for that treasure.  But a greater treasure is sitting right before us in the Bible.  But we must value it, or it is wasted and overlooked treasure.  We must put our faith in God- but also believe that God's Word is valuable. 

Prayer: Help me to combine your word with faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment