Saturday, November 3, 2012

11/3/12- Delighting in God's Advice


Your statutes are my delight; they are my counselors. (Ps. 119:24)

Thoughts: "Statutes" means scripture. No matter what is going on in your life (and the psalmist says later he is "afflicted"), we can still find something to delight in- God's Word. God's Word renews us each day. The second part of the verse says that the statutes are counselors. When we have decisions, let us not look merely to the easiest, most convenient, or popular way- but let God guide us with eternal wisdom. In order for God's Word to counsel us, we need to be quiet enough to listen. In our culture this is difficult- always texting, surfing, watching, listening- with something on in the background. Good advice is important- especially from wise and godly counselors. Reading books is nice too. But nothing can replace God's Word as our counselor.

Prayer: May I find my true delight in you and your advice to me. Give me a listening and joyous heart.

By the way- nice rap on Psalm 119 by the devotion speaker today: Tomy Killonen
http://40daysintheword.com/ day 34

No comments:

Post a Comment