Saturday, October 26, 2013

10/27/13- Prayer for the Particular Church and its Leaders

PRAYER FOR CHURCH MEMBERS ANDLMPC LEADERS:
 
Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful. And pray for us, too, that God may open a door for our message, so that we may proclaim the mystery of Christ, for which I am in chains. Pray that I may proclaim it clearly, as I should.  (Colossians 4:2-4)

Thoughts: We are called to pray for each other and pray for our leaders in scripture.  The Church is not simply a human organization- organized into existence.  If the Church is anything meaningful, then it is formed by faith and exists by the power and will of God.  Therefore prayer to God is essential for the church.  Prayer is our talking to God and develops love for God.  When we pray for each other- we are opening ourselves up to love each other as God wills us to.  

Prayer: Help me to pray for those over me in the Lord, supporting them.  Help me to pray for those in my immediate church family.  




No comments:

Post a Comment