Saturday, July 14, 2018

Hope To Lift You Up

But you, O Lord, are a shield around me.  You are my fortress and the lifter of my head.  (Psalm 3:3)

Thoughts: God is our defense- a shield and fortress when people attack us.  But more than that, He is the lifter of my head.  That means when we are feeling sad and we just want to look downward- God raises our eyes to Him.  He allows u sto see more and to enjoy life more- even in the tough times.
   Tomorrow 3 billion people will watch as France and tiny Croatia have the finals in the world Cup.  It is the most watch sporting event- more than the world series (18.9 million per game) or superbowl (103 million).  The Croatian coach is a committed Christian.  He said this, “When a man loses any hope, then he must depend on our merciful God and on our faith,”  he said.  No one had hope that Croatia would go so far.  God is the lifter of our heads.  We should give Him credit and glory for that. 

Prayer: Lord as you lift my head may I lift my eyes and hands to you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment