Monday, November 5, 2012

11/5/12- The Bible as a Lamp


Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path. (Psa. 119:105)
(This is the memory verse for the week)
Thoughts: Three principles: 1) God is speaking to us every day- and we need to listen. The Bible provides guardrails for our lives.  A lamp is not a spotlight- it reveals only enough to go forward- not your entire future.  2) The Bible helps us resist temptation. Do not be diverted from your strength- make it a daily habit- like brushing your teeth. The Word reveals- like a lamp- the things we stumble on. 3) God's Word is our divine "yes." It is not just a "no" book, but it will light up your path. 
Prayer: May your Word be my lamp- showing me just enough today to understand where I am to go. 
Thy Word by Amy Grant- Youtube video link

No comments:

Post a Comment