Sunday, January 6, 2019

All In

12Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been perfected, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. 13Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have laid hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14I press on toward the goal to win the prize of God’s heavenly calling in Christ Jesus. (Philippians 3:12-14) 

Thoughts: If someone makes a decision to be a half-Christian, or a "kinda" Christian, they will be frustrated.  God wants us to honor Him as Lord not just part-time- but all time.  Baptism is a symbol of this.  We don't want our sins to only be half washed away or half forgiven.  When we are driving a car we don't want to be half- focused.  When we are on our journey of life we need focus too.  There are many distractions, and we naturally leave our focus.  Joy and peace in the Christian life is only found when we are all in.  Jesus told us- for our own good to "seek first His kingdom and His righteousness" (Matthew 6:33). 

Prayer: Lord, help me to surrender all and be all in for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment