Friday, August 31, 2012

9/1/12- Need to communicate

Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path. (Psalm 119:105)

Thoughts: I used to live in the mountains of North Carolina and some of the back roads would be very sharp winding curves.  There would be times when I would be in a hurry but would be behind someone who was not going very fast.  I couldn't really see to pass the car because of the sharp curves that would go on for many miles.  To just take a chance would be to risk a head on collision with another car or even a truck.  If only there was someone up above in a plane who could tell me when the way was clear and give me direction!
    In some ways, that is what God does for us.  He tells us certain rules that help preserve our safety as well as our speed in life.  But the Holy Spirit is also alive to direct us.   We need to communicate with the One who sees all (better than Google earth)- talking to Him in prayer and listening through His Word.

Prayer: I cannot see the future Lord, but I see that you see. Help me to trust in you.


No comments:

Post a Comment