Wednesday, May 22, 2013

5/23/13- God as a Safe Room

For in the day of trouble he will keep me safe in his dwelling; he will hide me in the shelter of his sacred tent and set me high upon a rock. (Psalm 27:5)

I said, “Oh, that I had the wings of a dove!  I would fly away and be at rest.
I would flee far away and stay in the desert; 8  I would hurry to my place of shelter, far from the tempest and storm.” (Psalm 55)

Thoughts:  Twenty two people were saved in the F-5 tornado in Moore Oklahoma when they locked themselves in Tinker Federal Credit Union vault.  Vaults and safe rooms saved many people.
    The terrible, horrible and shocking tragedy at Moore Oklahoma is a symbol of  what happens to all of us.  We think we will go on forever in a peaceful status quo and our ideal is smashed by some kind of storm.  Everyone of us faces the loss of everything we have one day- not by storm but by death.  Death is the great leveler- and it is a part of life.  Where can we find a shelter from death?  Some say there is none.  But God is described as a shelter in a storm.  It is true in life and is true in death.  Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life.  He who believes in me, though they were dead, yet shall they live."  


Prayer: Lord, help me to rest in you, my shelter.  


No comments:

Post a Comment