Wednesday, July 24, 2013

7/25/13- Promise of Unending Love

“A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.” (John 13:34,35)

Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.
(John 14:23)


3) Will you be Christ’s faithful disciple, obeying His Word, and showing His love, to your life’s end?

Thoughts: To join the church means to follow on the disciple path- following in the steps of Jesus Christ.  It means that we forsake our own ideas to follow His ideas.  It means we submit our wills to His will.  To say this means in part that His will is discover-able   So we obey the Word of the Lord found in scripture.  We must listen to God speak to our hearts in scripture and seek to heed Him.  But more than just obedience we must share the love we experience, showing God's love to the world.  Our goal and our covenant is not to serve Christ for a moment, or a day or even a year or two but to our life's end.  As we obey and show Christ's love, we smooth the transition into heaven. We promise to love Him even beyond til death us do part.  We follow Christ- in obedience and love not just now- but we follow Him into heaven and afterwards in heaven. 

Prayer: Lord, let me love you and show your love.  Let me follow in your steps, listening to your voice speaking to me in your Word.  


No comments:

Post a Comment