Friday, January 30, 2015

1-31-15- The truth

Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth. (John 17:17)

You study the Scriptures diligently because you think that in them you have eternal life. These are the very Scriptures that testify about me, (John 5:39)

6Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. 7If you really know me, you will knowb my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.” (John 14)

Thoughts: Jesus describes the Bible as truth (the Old Testament at that point).  It is the word that makes us hope.  The scriptures testify to the living truth (5:39).  Jesus Himself claimed to be the truth.  The truth will ultimately win out and be revealed.  Jesus it the revealed truth for us.  

Prayer: May you sanctify me by your truth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment