Wednesday, January 7, 2015

1-8-14 Distinction in Belief

1The Lord had said to Abram, “Go from your country, your people and your father’s household to the land I will show you.
2“I will make you into a great nation,
and I will bless you;
I will make your name great,
and you will be a blessing.a
3I will bless those who bless you,
and whoever curses you I will curse;
and all peoples on earth
will be blessed through you.” (Genesis 12:1-3) 

Thoughts: Part of having belief is leaving.  It means leaving non-belief.  If means leaving a different kind of belief that is apathetic unimportant.  Abram not only left physically, he left spiritually in answering God's call to believe and go.  The land- the physical spot is a symbol of a spiritual distinction.  Just as going into a church building means making a choice to not stay home or go to a different building on Sundays.  god promises however, to show him.  Abraham knew if God led him, he would be okay.  We should know that too. 

Prayer: Lord, let me not be embarrassed to identify and affiliate with you.  


No comments:

Post a Comment