Friday, February 27, 2015

2-28-15 Incentive to Serve

Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant also will be. My Father will honor the one who serves me. (John 12:26)

Thoughts: This verse says a lot about serving Christ and what it means to be a disciple.
First to serve Christ means to follow in his steps.  This means to try to live with kindness, faithfulness, and holiness as Jesus did.  It also means to sacrifice for others as Christ sacrificed for us.  In Luke 9:23 Jesus said, "Whoever wants to follow me must deny himself, take up his cross daily, and follow me."
He also speaks of being close to the person who serves Him.  When we try to live like Christ He enables us by His presence and grace to fulfill His hopes for us.
The second thing He promises to those who try to serve Him is that God will honor them.  The presence and honor of God is an important incentive.  When we humble ourselves to help another God will lift us up.  


Prayer: Lord, help me to serve you.  Help me with your presence and the motivation of your pleasure.  

GoODWorks Blitz- gathering to help the needy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment