Saturday, May 23, 2015

5/24/15- Songs of gratitude

16Let the message of Christ dwell among you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom through psalms, hymns, and songs from the Spirit, singing to God with gratitude in your hearts. (Colossians 3:16)

Thoughts: On this Pentecost Sunday, we should celebrate the gift of music- which is a gift of the Spirit.  The Spirit teaches us to sing to Him.  We have something to sing about that the atheist can't even hum about.  It is a joy that fills our soul.  We admonish- or strongly urge- one another in our singing.  Singing wells up gratitude in our heart and praise.  There is real power here.  It is a power to lift up the heads of the downtrodden and give them hope.  It is too picky to say, "I don't like your kind of music."  If God gives music we should try to join in to sing.  If I am on a mission field and they are playing some music I have never heard and I don't understand the language- I would be foolish and a bad guest to not join in (or try to).  We should join the singer in singing the song!

Prayer: Put a new song in my mouth and hope and gratitude in my heart.  

P.S.- Today is my 35th anniversary.  I sing to God today in gratitude for the great gift of human love and of my wonderful wife, Kay.  

No comments:

Post a Comment