Sunday, February 28, 2016

Listening to the Kingdom come

Your kingdom come, your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.  (Matthew 6:10)

Thoughts: Listen... the kingdom comes.  It comes not with mighty banging of drums, parades, elephants marching, and trumpets blaring.  It comes not with talking heads in the media analyzing everything.  It comes quietly- one prayer at a time- one deed done with kindness at a time.  It comes with one person at a time doing the will of the Father, longing and praying for God's will to be done on earth.
     Jesus wisely taught us to pray and long for the will of God- the kingdom to come on earth.  As we pray for it, we desire it.  As we desire it, we work for it and focus on it.  As you pray, listen for the kingdom coming in your heart.

Prayer: Lord, come.  Let your will come to me- let me come to your will.  Let your kingdom come through me, with me, despite me.  Use me, O Lord, to bring the heavenly kingdom down to this lowly earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment