Sunday, November 13, 2016

Know the Location of Your Treasure

19“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. 20But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. (Matthew 6:19-21)

Thoughts: You can give your time, your efforts, yourself to treasures here or your time, your efforts, and yourself for the kingdom of God.  Any investment you make here is temporary.  Moths, rust, vermin destroy the things of this earth.  I have been in the home of someone who moved out to a nursing home years ago.  The house is moldy, the clothes are, after these years, unusable.  All the things bought that were fashionable are now just trash. I have seen people who were once famous and popular be forgotten.   In heaven our treasure is secured by the only ultimate, true insurer- the Maker of the Universe.  Invest yourself in God- and your heart will be there too.
I can remember my first car as a young man.  It was basically all I had.  I earned the car from bagging groceries and working hard.  I washed and waxed the car so it would look nice.  I invested in my car- and the more money and time I invested in it the more I liked it.  But that car eventually gave out- blew a transmission and an engine at the same time.  Give yourself- invest yourself- in the Lord's work.  


Prayer: Lord, may I find you as my treasure of all treasures.   

No comments:

Post a Comment