Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Jesus the Sacrificial Lam b

29The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, “Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world! 30This is the one I meant when I said, ‘A man who comes after me has surpassed me because he was before me.’ 31I myself did not know him, but the reason I came baptizing with water was that he might be revealed to Israel.” (John 1:29-31) 

Thoughts: John the Baptist is the transition figure between the Old and New Testaments.  He points out Jesus is the sacrifice.  He is the true Passover lamb that prevents us from death.  Just as the lamb's blood kept the slaves in Egypt from the angel of death, so Jesus protects us by his blood.  In pointing this out- John points out at the beginning of jesus' ministry that he has come to die.  

Prayer: Help me to trust in our sacrifice and in your love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment