Thursday, September 18, 2014

2 John

2I have much to write to you, but I do not want to use paper and ink. Instead, I hope to visit you and talk with you face to face, so that our joy may be complete. (2 John)

Thoughts: In our day of social media, and cyber connectivity, it is is important to hear these words.  Paul said he longed to see Timothy and that he longed to see the face of the Thessalonians.  John knew he could write his friends, but he wanted to say more face to face.  Facebook is not face to face.  Neither is texting, emailing, twitter.  We are called to look each other in the eye.  This develops trust.  Fellowship comes when we gather together not just when we send a message. Jesus says when two or three are gathered he is there. Believers are called to listen and believe what He has said.  

Prayer: Help me, O Lord to love being with your people as much as you want me to love it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment