Monday, August 3, 2015

The Freedom of Jesus

The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners,  (Isaiah 61:1-2)

18“The Spirit of the Lord is on me,
because he has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to proclaim freedom for the prisoners
and recovery of sight for the blind,
to set the oppressed free,
19to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor.”f (Luke 4)

Thoughts: This was quoted by Jesus (recorded in Luke 4) when he preached in his home church.  When the Spirit of the Lord comes in power- shown especially when the Messiah comes- it is freedom for people.  Jesus ads in Luke 40 "recovery of sight from the blind."  He brings release from darkness- bringing us into the light of hope and truth.  When Jesus said he fulfilled this prophecy, the people of his hometown tried to kill him, but failed.  Yet Jesus has set millions free.  Jesus set many free physically to show He sets millins free spiirtually.  He releases only those who wish to be set free.  He opens the eyes of those who put their faith in him.  

Prayer: Help me, Lord to put my faith in you and be set free from evil, hurt, and harm.  

No comments:

Post a Comment