Sunday, June 19, 2016

Love is the Greatest

 31Now eagerly desire the greater gifts. And yet I will show you the most excellent way.
1If I speak in the tonguesa of men or of angels, but do not have love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. 2If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but do not have love, I am nothing. 3If I give all I possess to the poor and give over my body to hardship that I may boast,b but do not have love, I gain nothing. (1 Corinthians 12:31- 13:3)

Thoughts: The greater way, the greater gift, the most excellent way is love. It is more valuable than the greatest spiritual thrill.  It is greater than the greatest human knowledge.  It is stronger than the most steadfast faith..  Love is more meaningful than the greatest generosity and sacrifice.  Love is greater and will last longer than faith and hope.  Love is to be valued above any other spiritual or physical virtue.  We should pursue love with God and neighbor. 

Prayer: Lord give me grace to value love above all else.  

No comments:

Post a Comment