Tuesday, November 7, 2017

God blesses those who Use His Blessings

19“After a long time the master of those servants returned and settled accounts with them. 20The man who had received five bags of gold brought the other five. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with five bags of gold. See, I have gained five more.’
21“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’
22“The man with two bags of gold also came. ‘Master,’ he said, ‘you entrusted me with two bags of gold; see, I have gained two more.’
23“His master replied, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant! You have been faithful with a few things; I will put you in charge of many things. Come and share your master’s happiness!’ (Matthew 25:19-23)

Thoughts: What do you do with what God has given you?  Jesus once said, "To those who have, will be given more" (Mt. 13:12).  Doubtless, the Master knew who was a good steward and gave the most to the one most likely to do more. 
      The words the Master gives to the servants are the words we hope to hear one day from our Lord: "Well done good and faithful servant; you have been faithful with a few- I will put you in charge of many- come and share your master's happiness."   Again, when we do not squander God's blessings- but multiply them- God gives us more blessings.  

Prayer: Lord, give me a desire to enter into your joy.  Help me to want to multiply your blessings for your glory.  

No comments:

Post a Comment