Thursday, March 15, 2012

3/16/12- Race Gone Wrong

24- 3/16- HDBG- 6,7,8
Q. 6. Did God create man evil and perverse like this?
A. No. On the contrary, God created man good and in his image, that is, in true righteousness and holiness, so that he might rightly know God his Creator, love him with his whole heart, and live with him in eternal blessedness, praising and glorifying him.

Q. 7. Where, then, does this corruption of human nature come from?
A. From the fall and disobedience of our first parents, Adam and Eve, in the Garden of Eden; whereby our human life is so poisoned that we are  all conceived and born in the state of sin.

Q. 8. But are we so perverted that we are altogether unable to do good and prone to do evil?
A. Yes, unless we are born again through the Spirit of God

God created man in His own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. God blessed them and said, “be fruitful and increase in number”… God saw all that he had made, and It was very good. (Genesis 1:27,28,31)

We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. (Romans 7:14-18)

Thoughts: We began the relay race-our race- well.   But we know something has gone wrong.  We had a good start and the ability to finish the race, but somehow we got off course- running outside the boundaries.  The ones who started us off in the wrong direction were the very first runners.  We are off track whether we run fast or slow makes no difference.  God puts us on the right track so that we can finish the race- going to the right finish line. 
 
Prayer: Help me, O Lord, to fix my eyes on the prize- the goal- Jesus Christ.  Keep me from being distracted by the calls and ways of the world around me.
(left- Daytona 500 crash 2012)
(right- special olympics relay race
2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment