Tuesday, February 19, 2013

2/20- Declaring God’s Glory in Loving- John 13:34,35


2/20- Declaring God’s Glory in Loving- John 13:34,35

34 I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. 35 By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”

Thoughts: Part of the human dilemma that we feel so deeply is that we were made to love, and we want to love, but we have a hard time loving and being loved.  But when we believe and are disciples of Christ we are assured of God's love= knowing we are loved even though we don't deserve it.  Because of this, we are also empowered by His example and by the Holy Spirit to love  others.  It not only is the greatest Christian command to love, it is also the greatest witness that Christ's love makes a difference in our lives.  
     In the passage above- "everyone will know" when we love each other.  People who will not listen to argument- will listen to love. It is the most visible argument for the existence of God.  We are not simply a chemical reaction- there is love.   We declare God's glory when we love each other. 

Prayer: Give me, O Lord, grace and power to love my neighbor as myself, and to love my brother and sister Christian above myself as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment