Sunday, April 21, 2013

4-21-13 "Never Fail to Love because Love Never Fails"


Love never fails... 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.
13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

Thoughts: My good friend and fellow-elder, Oscar Lovelace, texted me today after the sermon and said that "This is what this past week and your sermon led me to conclude: Never fail to love, because love never fails."  That is a great way to look at life.
    Fear and worry and evil will stop- but love never fails.  Terrorism and crucifixions will cease- but love never fails.  It is the lesson of the rainbow after the storm and the resurrection after the crucifixion.  It is the lesson of heaven after the heartache of pain and suffering.  Let us not become paralyzed with fear or the possibilities of things going wrong.  Rather, let us live in the grace and strength God gives us.  

Prayer: Today, O Lord, remove fear far from me and grant me your peace. More than that grant me your love- that I might bless this old world the way you bless me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment