Thursday, December 4, 2014

12/4- I am the Way Truth and Life

12/5       John 14:6             I am the Way, the Truth, the Life
5Thomas said to Him, "Lord, we do not know where You are going, how do we know the way?" 6Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me. 

Thoughts: What do these three things have in common?  They are adjectives that build on each other pointing toward hope.  The way is not the way of falsehood and death- but the way of truth and life.  The truth is not a dull fact, but points to a direction-- toward the abundant and eternal life.  The life is not just a bourgeois meaningless existence, but an existence that has direction, integrity and leads to the right end.  Jesus came to be our way out. He came to show us the truth.  He came to give us life. 
     How do we get into the spirit of Christmas?  It is by having hope- not in the shallowness of our consumer mentality, or in the selfishness of getting- but in the deep hope of Jesus as offering us a true way and a hopeful life. 


Prayer: Lord, let me rely on you as my way to hope, my hope that is true, and the hope that leads to life.  May this hope inspire me to get into the spirit of this special season. May this hope inspire me to follow closer to you. 


Application: Think, in this early part of advent, of what you would really like to see happen in your actions, but also in your life with those around you.  Do one thing today that would point to Jesus- our way, truth, and life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment