Friday, December 5, 2014

12/6- i am the Vine

12/6       John 15:1             I am the Vine

1"I am the true vine, and My Father is the vinedresser. 2"Every branch in Me that does not bear fruit, He takes away; and every branch that bears fruit, He prunes it so that it may bear more fruit….I am the vine you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit.  Apart from me you can do nothing.

Thoughts: Jesus is the vine for us. He comes to nurture us so that our lives would not just exist, but would be productive and fruitful.  If we are cut off from Him we may exist for awhile like a branch that has been cut off.  A few months ago I trimmed some pine trees.  For several months these chopped off branches lay on the ground.  They were green at first but with time turned brown.  A young person cut off from Christ not only is unproductive, but begins to wither.  With God nothing is impossible.  But cut off from Him- we can do nothing but retreat more and more into ourselves until we are gone.  The great news is that He has come so that we may continue to live.  We are grafted into His living vine so we may live.  The spirit is the Spirit of life.  The Spirit of Christ gives life to our bones even when we are  tired and weary.



Prayer: Lord, may my life live for you and in you.  Bear fruit in my life, O Lord.  


No comments:

Post a Comment