Friday, April 10, 2015

4/11/15- Jesus Shows Up

Jesus showed up at different times.  It is not that they all had to hold hands and were chanting some magical formula/spell for him to come.  In fact, He came in every day life.  He appeared to Mary Magdalene when she panicked about not finding the body.  He showed up to the disciples in the upper room with the door locked out of fear.  It was not that they had a lot of faith- and that faith elicited his coming.  He showed up to Thomas who was doubting to encourage him to believe.  He showed up to the disciples who had gone back to fishing- either to deal with the stress or perhaps to leave the ministry.
Today He promises to show up in worship- "Where two or three are gathered in my name- there am I in their midst."  In communion he comes- when we do this in remembrance of Him- His presence is there.  He shows up in witnessing- "and Lo I am with you always"He shows up when we help the needy- "as much as you have done it to one of the least of these you do it to me."  It is the message of Easter that Jesus did not stop showing up- but shows up still.

Prayer: Lord, come to me as I worship, as I commune; as I witness, as I serve.


No comments:

Post a Comment