Sunday, October 11, 2015

Engage and Ignite Acts 1:8

October 12 – Engage and Ignite!  Acts 1:8
Engage! enables growing disciples to connect with their own stories of transformation and God’s story of redemption in Scripture.  But sometimes we can feel very uncomfortable and insecure about sharing our faith. Why?

The following attitudes contribute to these feelings: (Tracie added some of these for our context)
Our faith is compartmentalized—we have our spiritual side of life, which is separate from everything else.
Our vision for life is too small. It is hard to believe that God wants to use us for His Glory. Can our story really make a Kingdom difference in the life of another?
What if the gospel message does not sound like good news to those with whom I share? How do I answer their questions? What if I don’t know?
 We do not understand how our stories are connected to the larger story of Scripture. How do we fit into God’s story of salvation?
Is there a “right way” to share the Gospel? What are the “right words” to use?
I am scared to pray aloud with someone else.
What if I offend them? Weren’t we all taught that it is impolite to discuss religion and politics?
I love interesting faith stories but I have been in church all my life. I am afraid my faith story is not very engaging.
I had a dramatic change in my life when I became a Christian. I am afraid that if people know who I used to be they will reject me.

During this month we will claim and share our own stories of transformation, dig deeper into God’s story (Scripture) of redemption and rescue, and have opportunities to share faith with other person in the church.  The point is to become more comfortable talking about and sharing faith.

And Tracie wants you to remember that Scripture promises that God will never leave us alone in this task. In fact, the Holy Spirit, God Himself, will give us the words to say. Most of us are a little intimidated about sharing our faith. It is the most important part of who we are. But God has given you a special story to tell – one that only you can tell!


“8 But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8

No comments:

Post a Comment