Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Passing Through the Waters

1But now, this is what the Lord says—
he who created you, Jacob,
he who formed you, Israel:
“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
2When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
3For I am the Lord your God,
the Holy One of Israel, your Savior;
I give Egypt for your ransom,
Cusha and Seba in your stead.
4Since you are precious and honored in my sight,
and because I love you,
I will give people in exchange for you,
nations in exchange for your life.
5Do not be afraid, for I am with you;
I will bring your children from the east
and gather you from the west. (Isaiah 43)

Thoughts:  Sometimes the hard times come.  In the above passage it doesn't say "If you pass through the waters or fire" but "when you pass."  The deal is that when the problems of life come, God will see us through.  It takes faith to believe there is a light at the end of the tunnel.   More than this- God promises when we come out on the other side we can bear fruit for Him.  He will ransom us, honor us, be with us, bring our children back to us and gather the people of God again.  When had times come, the church gets a chance to show their faith in God.
     I have seen this in the floods of South Carolina.  A baby coughs and the parents wake up just in time to find their house quickly flooding from a dam burst.  A firefighter is found clinging to a tree before his strength gives out.  Twice today we gave all our water at our distribution center away, and before the car could leave the parking lot, whole loads of water arrived- like magic.  When we thought all the needs were met, people would come to us with needs, and we were re-energized.  Tonight about 5:30 heard that a Hispanic church that we have been trying to help start had its building finally unflooded.  They were completely out of water to drink and desperate.  All I could say was "I think everyone has gone home."  But when I went down to the gym Joel Cox (grandson of Rev. Albert Cox) drove up with a trailer and was willing to drive across town to deliver water, clothes, hygiene kits, and more.  It has been miracle after miracle- little graces and helps.  Thank the Lord that when we pass through the waters, they will not sweep over us- but instead He is with us and will bear fruit through us. 

Prayer: Lord, give me faith to trust you in the midst of the waters and the fires of life.




No comments:

Post a Comment