Thursday, December 13, 2012

12-13-12 What Child is This?


Thursday, Dec. 13th                 What Child Is This?

Let this same mind be in you that was in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not regard equality with God as something to be grasps, but emptied himself, taking the form of a slave, being born in human likeness.  And being found in human form, he humbled himself and became obedient to the point of death – even death on a cross.  Phil. 2:5-8

Prayer: What can I bring you, poor as I am.  If I were a shepherd I would bring a lamb.  If I were a wise man, I would do my part.  But Lord, what shall I give you?  I’ll give you my heart.
Take 10 minutes to consider what gift we could bring other than the gift of ourselves.

Why lies He in such mean estate where ox and ass are feeding?
Good Christian, fear; for sinners here the silent Word is pleading.
So bring him incense, fold and myrrh: come, one and all, to own Him.
The King of Kings of salvation brings; let loving hearts enthrone Him.
  (PH #53)

No comments:

Post a Comment