Saturday, December 8, 2012

12/9/12- Be Near Me Lord Jesus


Sunday, Dec. 9th                       Away in the Manger  \
[Today there is a New Member Lunch; and a session meeting]

Indeed he (God) is not far from each one of us. ‘For In him we live and move and have our being’…    Acts 17:27b - 28

This week the devotions will be simple and familiar thoughts taken from carols.



Prayer: Lord, you are always near, but especially be near me, now. 
Set aside 10 minutes to read and ponder these words you have sung for many years.  Know that He is with you every second of your life.  Make this verse your prayer today.

Be near me Lord Jesus: I ask Thee to stay
Close by me forever and love me, I pray.
Bless all the dear children in Thy tender care,
And fit us for heaven to live with Thee there.
(Presbyterian Hymnal #24)

By Rev. Bo Stalcup

No comments:

Post a Comment