Wednesday, July 23, 2014

2 Corinthians 5- Being Made New

For we know that if the earthly tent we live in is destroyed, we have a building from God, an eternal house in heaven, not built by human hands. 2Meanwhile we groan, longing to be clothed instead with our heavenly dwelling,  
17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come:a The old has gone, the new is here! 18All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation:  (2 Corinthians 5)

Thoughts: God makes us new. He makes us new in this life (vs. 17), and He makes us new when our bodies (described here as our "earthly tent") dies.  There is a part of us that groans longing to get to heaven when the pain and heartaches of life are changed into peace and joy. Jesus also makes us a new creation.  We look at life differently when we really accept Christ into our hearts.  It is like putting on glasses when you cannot see well.  Suddenly you see things that were there all along- God's love, God's grace, God's presence.  God brings us to Himself- making us new.  He wants us to spread the news, so that others may be made new.
    As a boy, I can remember sleeping in the back yard in a tent with my best friend until we heard "a noise" and then we ran into the house to the safety of my parents and my bed.  God has the door open- both in this life and the next. 


Prayer: Lord, I long to be made new.  But as I wait- trying to do your will here- help me to enjoy how you are working in my life, making me a new creature. 




No comments:

Post a Comment