Wednesday, July 16, 2014

7/17/14- Truths of VBS

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. (3 John 1:4)

Thoughts: I digress from the regular blog to just rejoice in a simple but mini-miracle that is in many churches- Vacation Bible School.  I am so excited about what God is doing in our Bible School this year.  Instead of staff doing most of it (as was the case just a few years ago) parents are plugging in and running the games, the science fun (in place of just crafts), leading in the songs, cooking the food, directing the program and more.   Years ago someone told me that Vacation Bible School was one of the best evangelistic tools the Presbyterian Church has today.  It still is.  It provides a break for the parents and lots of fun for the kids but also gives them God to know and to rely on.  It is true "A little child shall lead them."  Children invite children who invite parents and grandparents and people begin to see the need to know of hope, and love, and grace.  The children are the future and the present of the church.  I have no greater joy than that my children are walking in the truth.  

Prayer: Lord, keep our children walking in the truth.  Help them to continue to walk the walk.  Help them to walk along the narrow path of truth and love.  




No comments:

Post a Comment