Sunday, September 7, 2014

2 Timothy 2 9/8/14

1You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus. 2And the things you have heard me say in the presence of many witnesses entrust to reliable people who will also be qualified to teach others. (2 Timothy 2:1,2)

Thoughts: Paul is concerned that his teaching lives on.  It will live on in mulitple generations as follows: 
1) Paul who taught
2) Timothy- who was encouraged to be strong.
3) Reliable people- who Timothy teaches

4) Others whom Timothy teaches 

Discipleship is reproducing what you know as a disciple in others.  This is bearing fruit, and multiplying the faith.  But none of it would happen if Timothy was weak and forgot the grace of Christ which makes us strong.  

Prayer: Multiply the faith of the ages through me, Lord.  Help me to have a desire to reproduce the faith I have been taught in others who can teach others. 


No comments:

Post a Comment