Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Day 11 Forty Days of Fellowship, 10-8-14 Prayer and Fellowship

10/8- Wednesday Philippians 1:3-5,27- 3I thank my God every time I remember you. 4In all my prayers for all of you, I always pray with joy 5because of your partnership in the gospel from the first day until now…27Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ. Then, whether I come and see you or only hear about you in my absence, I will know that you stand firm in the one Spirit,e striving together as one for the faith of the gospel

Bonhoeffer Quote: “We are to pray to God as a fellowship, and this prayer must really be our word, our prayer for this day, for our work, for our fellowship, for the particular needs and sins that oppress us In common, for the persons who are committed to our care.”
[Note: Tonight at 6:00 there will be a service for Healing and Wholeness with special emphasis on Mental Health as this is Mental Health Awareness week].

Thoughts: Paul is united to them in thought by praying for them [Philippians] though he is far away.  I have often thought that if we could send a very short prayer up when we text someone or respond to them by email or social media then we would be much better off.  If, at the end of the day, we prayed for those we talked to that day, our love for them and fellowship would be stronger.  Take a second and think of who you saw this day and say a prayer of blessing on them.  Then think of those who are far away from you that you miss. Say a prayer for them and send one of them a text/message/note. 
    Think about the “sins that oppress us in common” [Bonhoeffer quote above].  How can we stand firm together against these sins?  How can your fellowship with others be improved?


Prayer: Lord, it is your grace that sustains me.  Help me to honor you by praying for others to also be sustained by your grace.  Protect us, Lord, from common sins.  


No comments:

Post a Comment