Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 16- 10/13 Fellowship with God

10/13- Monday John 14:23- Jesus replied, "Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.


Bonhoeffer: “Silence is nothing else but waiting for God’s Word and coming from God’s Word with a blessing.”

Thoughts: Fellowship with God comes from a desire to do His will.  If we enter into a relationship with God saying to ourselves that God must do or allow what we want- we make our will more important and more powerful than the will and importance of Almighty God.  The passage above uses great language of God's fellowship- God makes His home with us.  That is the word "Immanuel"- God with us.  It is not so much that we abide with God- but when we seek to do His will- He abides with us.  If God is at home with us- then we are in the same home with others who also are seeking to do God's will.  We do not have to wait until we get to heaven to have fellowship.  God's presence and love abides right now- in this life- with those who seek to do His will.  

Prayer: Immanuel, may my heart abide with you- may my will be knit with your will..  May my true home be found in you- and may you be at home in me.  


No comments:

Post a Comment