Sunday, June 21, 2015

Heidelberg 53- The Spirit

21But it is God who establishes us with you in Christ and has anointed us,22by putting his seal on us and giving us his Spirit in our hearts as a first installment. (2 Cor. 1:20-21)

Thoughts: The Spirit is God and the Spirit is how God lives in us- awakening us to God, strengthening, encouraging, comforting, helping, giving us gifts and talents.  The Spirit becomes a part of us when we believe (not in some second experience).  There is no such thing as a believer without the Holy Spirit.  We believe in God in three persons and when we do- salvation happens.  The Son's blood is applied, the Father accepts, and the Spirit awakens us and dwells inside of us- leading in this life.  

Prayer: Thank you, Holy Spirit, for regenerating me, awakening me to your love and presence.  Guide me, console me, encourage me along this life's path.  
Q & A 53
Q. What do you believe concerning “the Holy Spirit”?
A. First, that the Spirit, with the Father and the Son, is eternal God.1Second, that the Spirit is given also to me,so that, through true faith, he makes me share in Christ and all his benefits,comforts me,and will remain with me forever.5


No comments:

Post a Comment