Friday, November 6, 2015

The older telling the younger

15My mouth will tell of your righteous deeds,
of your saving acts all day long—
though I know not how to relate them all.
16I will come and proclaim your mighty acts, Sovereign Lord;
I will proclaim your righteous deeds, yours alone.
17Since my youth, God, you have taught me,
and to this day I declare your marvelous deeds.
18Even when I am old and gray,
do not forsake me, my God,
till I declare your power to the next generation,
your mighty acts to all who are to come. (Psalm 71)

Thoughts: This man had seen many troubles in his day.  But He also saw God's deliverance, help, and answered prayer.  God had been teaching him since he was a young person to trust the Lord even in the tough times.  Now that he was getting old, he was especially wanting to share his faith with the next generation.
     We should not keep the good news to ourselves.  Others need to know that God delivers and saves us in the midst of trouble.  

Prayer: Lord, you have helped me my whole life long.  Now I see it. Help me to tell others that they can trust in you too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment