Friday, July 8, 2016

Aroma Story

Last night for the first time in my life, I was sprayed by a skunk.  I was staying with my brother and sister-in-law in Golfen CO on my way to Mexico on a mission trip.  I opened my window and in a few seconds a dog went wild outside my window- growling, barking fighting.  I looked out the window just in time to get sprayed by a skunk.  The next morning I was soooo sick!  Yuk.  Thought I wasn't going to Mexico.  But things cleared up after several showers and fresh air.  
       I thought about the passage below from 2 Corinthians. 2.  We are called to be a sweet smell I'm God's nostrils.  We are pleasing to Him- just as a sacrifice.  To the godly people we are also a sweet smell. But to the world we seem stinky.  We are called to spread the musk of God to all- some. Receive it as sweet perfume- others as a skunk musk. But we are called to spread the smell of life to a dying world- the smell of hope to the hopeless.

14But thanks be to God, who always leads us as captives in Christ’s triumphal procession and uses us to spread the aroma of the knowledge of him everywhere. 15For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing. 16To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?

Prayer: Lord, use me to spread your sweet smell of love to all I meet .

No comments:

Post a Comment