Thursday, July 7, 2016

If I ascend



If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.  (Psalm 139:9,10).

Thoughts: The Psalmist had no idea what it was like to fly or travel a thousand miles in one day.  Yet, this is a great Psalm about God being with us wherever we go- even at 500 mph at 31,000 feet.  Up here we get a glimpse beyond the view of birds- a glimpse of a larger perspective.  
     If you are trying to get away from it all, remember God is still there knowing you- loving you, and holding you in His right hand.  This is also true in the ups and downs in life. The darkness is as light to Him (vs11-12).  He sees all. He helps us and holds us fast- even in the worst of life.  

Prayer: Where can I go from you, Lord?  There is no hiding place from you, but may I find my hiding place in you. 

(Written on a flight from Washington D.C. To Denver to Mexico)

No comments:

Post a Comment