Wednesday, July 27, 2016

We will all be changed

 51Listen, I tell you a mystery: We will not all sleep, but we will all be changed— 52in a flash, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet. For the trumpet will sound, the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed. (1 Corinthians 15:51-52) 

Thoughts: Death is not the last word.  Paul is also saying that death does not come to everyone.  When Christ comes at the end of time, those who have faith while alive will be changed.  Christ's coming happens in a hurry- as fast as a match catches fire- as fast as an eye twinkles.
    Trumpets sound announcing the coming of a King- to make way and be alert- on your best behavior.  When Christ comes- that is when the resurrection happens and we all will be changed for the better.  Our old decaying bodies will be made alive.  The great news is that death is not the end.  But the change into the kind of people God wants us to be is the beginning of eternity.  


Prayer: Lord, give me an eye to see you- give me an ear to hear your trumpet.  Keep me from shutting my eyes because I may think I know better.  Keep me from being prejudiced against the unusual- the mysterious.  

No comments:

Post a Comment