Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Kindness Toward God's Servants

40“Anyone who welcomes you welcomes me, and anyone who welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. 41Whoever welcomes a prophet as a prophet will receive a prophet’s reward, and whoever welcomes a righteous person as a righteous person will receive a righteous person’s reward. 42And if anyone gives even a cup of cold water to one of these little ones who is my disciple, truly I tell you, that person will certainly not lose their reward.”
 (Matthew 10:40-42)

Thoughts: Jesus is giving motivation to care for his servants.  Just as He said if you welcome the poor you welcome Him; He now says if you welcome His servants, you welcome me.  Jesus chooses two categories- prophets and righteous people.  He does not become negative answering- what if you don't welcome a prophet or righteous person?  But Jesus does want us to welcome and be hospitable to godly people.  We should ask ourselves,"What can we do for the godly people around us?"  A non-believer who helps a believer shall be blessed.  So it is important to be courteous, kind, hospitable and go the extra mile toward the godly and to those who speak forth the Word of God.  

Prayer: Help me to see who I might care and be hospitable toward.  Let me bless them that I might bless you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment