Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Give thanks for God's Goodness

1Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good;
his love endures forever.
2Let Israel say:
“His love endures forever.”
3Let the house of Aaron say:
“His love endures forever.”
4Let those who fear the Lord say:
“His love endures forever.”
5When hard pressed, I cried to the Lord;
he brought me into a spacious place.
6The Lord is with me; I will not be afraid.
What can mere mortals do to me?
7The Lord is with me; he is my helper.
I look in triumph on my enemies.

Thoughts: God is good.  For that, over and over in scripture, we are called to give thanks.  The scriptures are clear that God is good but human beings are not.  We are all- universally- sinners (Rom. 3:23) who fall short of the glory of God.  God is good not because humans are always good.  God is good not because things go right with my life all the time.  It is a faith statement that God is good and trustworthy.  It is true faith to believe that He is and He rewards those who diligently seek Him.  If we believe He exists but doesn't care or doesn't act to help then we have lost faith. 
   In this Psalm the writer speaks of God helping Him.  He knew it.  He was trapped and enclosed- almost buried by his problems- but God led Him out into a spacious place.  God delivers.  He is our Savior. He is good.  Therefore we can give thanks without holding back.  

Prayer: Thank you Lord for helping and delivering me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment