Tuesday, November 13, 2018

We do not Provide for God

7“Listen, my people, and I will speak;
I will testify against you, Israel:
I am God, your God.
8I bring no charges against you concerning your sacrifices
or concerning your burnt offerings, which are ever before me.
9I have no need of a bull from your stall
or of goats from your pens,
10for every animal of the forest is mine,
and the cattle on a thousand hills.
11I know every bird in the mountains,
and the insects in the fields are mine.
12If I were hungry I would not tell you,
for the world is mine, and all that is in it.
13Do I eat the flesh of bulls
or drink the blood of goats?
14“Sacrifice thank offerings to God,
fulfill your vows to the Most High,
15and call on me in the day of trouble;
I will deliver you, and you will honor me.”(Psalm 50)

Thoughts: The idea of giving to God is mollified.  God doesn't need food to live.  The Pagan ideas of God- you had to feed God in order for that god to live. The true God made everything- all the cattle, all the fields, everything.  He never grows hungry or tired.  Instead He longs for us to call on Him for help when we are hungry and tired.  Our weariness is a reminder that we are not God.  But God does not grow weary or faint like we do.  He is the eternal energy- the source of eternal life and hope. 

Prayer: Lord, thank you that you provide for me instead of the other way around.  

No comments:

Post a Comment