Saturday, November 3, 2018

God;s Home is Mine

1How lovely is your dwelling place, Lord Almighty!
2My soul yearns, even faints, for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. 3Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young— a place near your altar, Lord Almighty, my King and my God. 4Blessed are those who dwell in your house; they are ever praising you. 5Blessed are those whose strength is in you, whose hearts are set on pilgrimage. 6As they pass through the Valley of Baka, they make it a place of springs; the autumn rains also cover it with pools.  7They go from strength to strength, till each appears before God in Zion. 8Hear my prayer, Lord God Almighty; listen to me, God of Jacob. 9Look on our shield, e O God; look with favor on your anointed one. 10Better is one day in your courts than a thousand elsewhere; I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. 11For the Lord God is a sun and shield; the Lord bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless. 12Lord Almighty, blessed is the one who trusts in you. (Psalm 84)

Thoughts:  The place of worship is a home.  It is a place of blessing, of rest, of hope.  It is the best place to be.  For it is God who blesses- bestowing favor and honor. 
   Have you ever been homesick?  Homesickness is like feeling lost- just drifting.  So it is for those who do not have their home in God- they are drifting through the journey of life, and are lost without ultimate purpose and meaning.  God's home is my home.  

Prayer: Lord, let your home be my home. 

No comments:

Post a Comment