Sunday, December 23, 2018

Light for all Peoples


12/23- “A Light of Hope for All peoples” Luke 2:29-32
29“Sovereign Lord, as you have promised,
you may now dismiss d your servant in peace.
30For my eyes have seen your salvation,
31which you have prepared in the sight of all nations:
32a light for revelation to the Gentiles,
and the glory of your people Israel.”

Thoughts: From the very beginning, Jesus was seen as a ray of hope to a dark world.  This was not just a ray of hope to the Jewish people, but to all people.  Because God’s promise of hope for the world is being fulfilled, Simeon and the rest of us may rest in peace.  God keeps His promises.  Jesus changed everything in opening up belief in the God of Abraham and Isaac to all the world.  We should seek to not keep the Gospel to ourselves but to invite others to worship with us, and to pray for the continued spread of the Gospel. 

Prayer: Lord, my your good news spread through me.  May my soul find peace because I know you have come for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment