Monday, December 2, 2019

Coming Back

My soul thirsts for God, for the living God. When can I go and meet with God? (Psalm 42:2) 

The spy calls in to the base, "Meet me at the rendezvous point at the appointed time."  So we are called to meet with God this advent.  He has appointed a specific spot- "where two or three are gathered together in my name, there I am in the midst of them."  Our rescue, our salvation lies where we meet with God.  Do we believe in Him enough to believe He will show up? 

In Psalm 42 the writer is in a tough spot.  He wants even longs to meet with God for relief and sanctuary.  His soul thirsts to come back to God.  So we need to quench the thirst of our soul.  As we cannot live without water, so we cannot really live without purpose, without hope, without love- we are made to have these things- and ultimately they are found in God. 

Prayer: Lord, give me the desire to meet with you this advent, that my thirsty soul may be assuaged.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment