Friday, March 1, 2013

3/2- Declaring God’s Glory in Helping the Deaf- Matthew 11:4-5


3/2- Declaring God’s Glory in Helping the Deaf- Matthew 11:4-5

Jesus replied, “Go back and report to John what you hear and see: The blind receive sight, the lame walk, those who have leprosy are cleansed, the deaf hear, the dead are raised, and the good news is proclaimed to the poor. (Matthew 11:4-5)

Thoughts: Jesus is the life giver, who helps heal and strengthen the weak. The opening of the eyes of the blind and the ears of the deaf are symbols of God's opening us to the invisible side of life.  We sing, "I once was blind but now I see."  We could just as easily say, "I once was deaf but now I hear."  We hear God's voice and believe it.  Before we heard God's voice, but did nor respond to it.  The Bible may seem like non-sense to those whose ears have not been opened.  But to those who have been quickened to God- the words are precious and life-affirming.  Before we could not hear God.  Now that we believe we can hear His voice directing our path and assuring our purpose. 

Prayer: Open my ears that I may hear gladly your warm truth everywhere. Help me hear your voice, and then declare your glory to the world around me. 


No comments:

Post a Comment