Tuesday, March 19, 2013

3/20- Declaring God’s Glory- Remembering Where we have been- Zambia, Costa Rica, Mexico- Galatians 1:18-24


3/20- Declaring God’s Glory- Remembering Where we have been- Zambia, Costa Rica, Mexico- Galatians 1:18-24

18 Then after three years, I went up to Jerusalem to get acquainted with Cephas and stayed with him fifteen days. 19 I saw none of the other apostles—only James, the Lord’s brother. 20 I assure you before God that what I am writing you is no lie.
21 Then I went to Syria and Cilicia. 22 I was personally unknown to the churches of Judea that are in Christ. 23 They only heard the report: “The man who formerly persecuted us is now preaching the faith he once tried to destroy.” 24 And they praised God because of me. (Gal. 1:18-24)

Thoughts: Sometimes in order to move forward we need to remember where we have been- our successes and failures.  Here Paul speaks of "the man who formerly persecuted us" but ends with "is now preaching the faith."  When God uses us, we need to be thankful, and then try to plug into where God will use us in the future.  Our missions are not limited by where we have been- or even built relationships.  Instead they are limited by God's will.  He may have new places, and sometimes the old (like Mexico) close to us.  

Prayer:  Lord you have led me in the past.  Lead me today and into the future trusting in you. 


(Francis Burriss- Zambia c. 2000)

No comments:

Post a Comment